UKIAH VALLEY PATRIOTS
“The Bulletin Board”
Susan Monteleone, editor November 7, 2012 / Issue #2
Remember, my friends: “Focus on the Light, not the storm.” Do not despair.
Let’s gather together at our next meeting, Thursday, Nov 15th. Details below.
NOTE: If you did not receive Issue #1, PLEASE read it on the UVP website! www.uvpatriots.org
- Kudos to Dale Greenlee for doing a great job leading our monthly gathering on October 18th. It had more of a ‘roundtable’ style and everyone present added a lot to the varied discussions.
- The first topic was “What to focus on in these days before the election”. PRAYER…was the big reply and we reminded ourselves that there is a national ‘pray for the nation’ moment every night at 7 pm. Please join in.
- Also discussed was the importance of talking to people who we meet in our day-to-day lives, and how best to go about this. Dale also gives out our UVP business card and invites folks to the group.
- Other topics included
- the televised debates;
- the movies “Occupied Unmasked” and “2016”;
- a review of this “Bulletin Board” use and the UVP Yahoo Group. Once again, Susan encouraged members to send her items for inclusion;
- Mike Sequiera (our new treasurer) reported that he has opened an account for our UVP nest egg, which is at $408.
- Dennis O. and Kris W. discussed arranging ‘career talks’ at local schools; Dennis also noted that he went to one of the Ukiah School Board’s open meetings with their new superintendant, Deb Kubin. There were only TWO non-teachers there…including him!
- Mike Sequiera shared an idea about residents getting together with teachers just to listen to each other’s frustrations and suggestions;
- Debbie and David H. talked about the good work of the Public Safety Foundation of Mendocino County, especially in their procurement of bloodhounds for our ‘search-&-rescue’ teams;
- Susan mentioned an excellent article by Victor David Hanson called “A Presidency Squandered” and a link was requested. Here it is: http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/330505/presidency-squandered-victor-davis-hanson#
- Nov. 6th PROPOSITIONS. These were discussed one-by-one…with the following recommendations:
“NO” on 30, 31, 34, 35, 36,37, 38, and 39;
“YES on 32, 33 and 40.
NEXT MEETING: Thursday, November 15th, 2012
at Jensen’s Restaurant in Ukiah 6 p.m. for dinner <> 7 p.m. meeting
(No meeting in December)